Eye Disease Preclinical CRO Services
Eye diseases impact millions of men and women worldwide.
Here at AniLocus, we provide preclinical contract research services for ophthalmic (eye) diseases:
Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
Glaucomatous Optic Neuropathy
Intraocular Pressure Drugs (IOP)
Ocular Inflammation [Dry Eye Disease (DED), Ocular Allergy]
Ocular Surface Diseases
Optic Nerve Injury Models
- Learn more: Our Services
How Can AniLocus Help You?
We are experienced in the design and execution of NDA-enabling and IND-enabling preclinical studies for efficacy, safety, in vivo pharmacology, pharmacokinetics (PK), pharmacodynamics (PD), ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion), toxicology, local tolerance–Learn more!
Multiple animal models are used in ophthalmic preclinical research including:
- Gene knockout/knockin/trapped
- Transgenic rodents
- Chemically-Induced Point Mutation rodents
- Stress-induced models
- Drug-Induced models
- Metabolically-induced models (Diet-induced, Metabolic disorder, micronutrient deficient)
- And more…
We conduct translational animal studies (in vivo and in vitro) collecting detailed, comprehensive results with rapid turnaround.
Drug modalities are different types of therapeutic agents. Each drug is a customizable tool designed for therapeutic intervention. The question is…does your product work and is it safe?
At AniLocus, we conduct relevant preclinical studies to assess any drug modality:
- Antibodies (nanobodies, monoclonal)
- Gene therapy (CRISPR, TALEN)
- Viral therapy (adenovirus-AAV, lentivirus)
- Oligo- and polypeptides (e.g., stapled and modified peptides)
- Oligo- and polynucleotides (e.g., siRNAs, mRNAs, aptamers)
- Macrocyclic molecules
- Drug conjugates (e.g., antibody–drug conjugates, drug–drug conjugates, fluorescence-labeled drugs)
- Targeted protein degraders (e.g., proteolysis-targeting chimeras (PROTACs) and molecular glues) that induce a chemical knockdown of proteins
- Cellular therapies (stem cells, allogenic, autologous)
Using animal and human cells and tissue we can perform multiple interrogative assays depending on therapeutic area and sample type:
- DNA: Extraction, PCR, ddPCR, qPCR, sequencing, genotyping
- RNA: Gene expression profiling, RT-PCR, miRNA, Next-generation sequencing (Nanostring, Illumina), spatial transcriptomics, In situ hybridization (ISH), Multiplex ISH
- Protein: Immunoassays (ELISA, EIA, Luminex), proteomics, ligand binding assays, protein expression, immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunocytochemistry (ICC), and immunofluorescence (IF)
- And more!